Cocoa Nib Hot Chocolate Recipe
Find yourself with an urge for hot chocolate but don’t want to buy the sugary mix? You can certainly make this recipe using quality cocoa powder, but in case you are looking to be super healthful with your warm and toasty beverage, here is a great recipe to indulge yourself.
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or coconut milk
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs, finely ground using a coffee grinder or high-speed blender
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- scant teaspoon stevia powder or 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Make sure cocoa nibs are very finely ground before making this recipe. Combine all ingredients apart from the maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small pot on the stove.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly once the hot chocolate starts to simmer. Whisk until cocoa nibs dissolve, and then stir in the sweetener and vanilla extract. Taste and adjust sweetness, as desired.
- Serve and be full of love.