Almond Feta "Cheese"
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 2 cups
- 2c. whole raw almonds or hazelnuts
- ½c. lemon juice
- 6T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-1/2t. sea salt
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, or other herb to taste
- Soak almonds overnight. Drain and rinse.
- In a blender, blend the almonds, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and salt until very smooth.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Oil a baking sheet. Spoon the cheese in into the shape of a disk approximately ¾” thick.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until the top is stiff and dry. Cool and chill if you would like to serve it cold, or warm, with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of herbs.