Bacon Breakfast Pizza (aka Dairy Free Frittata with Spinach)
Here is a pale friendly, dairy free frittata recipe that I often make in my kid’s hands on cooking classes. This recipe was named by a 9 year old who loved cooking this with me.
Bacon Breakfast "Pizza" (Frittata)
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 12 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 3 slices thick bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Beat the eggs – season with salt and pepper and add in the coconut milk – stir until combined.
- Meanwhile brown the bacon in a small or medium size skillet. It will produce more bacon fat then you need for this recipe, so once it’s nice and brown pour off some fat into a glass jar or metal bowl to save for cooking later. You want just enough fat to coat the bottom of the skillet evenly.
- Add the spinach and toss lightly, 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture over evenly and bake in the oven on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until firm in the center to touch. Be careful to use an oven mitt when removing the pan!
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges of the frittata, and flip over, to the bacon is beautifully displayed on top. Serve plain or with some kale pesto (in the photo).