Mix this punchy, flavorful Bright Green Sauce with cooked brown rice, mix with sautéed vegetables, or drizzle over wild fish, chicken or lamb for a distinctive, tangy flavor. Use up what wilting veggies are green and in your fridge before they go bad! Save them by whirling up this recipe in your blender, and storing in the freezer or fridge until ready to use.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Umeboshi plum paste
- 1 bunch scallions (or parsley), coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro (or wilted spinach, parsley, lettuce, arugula anything green you need to use up!), coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, vinegar, or chickpea miso
- 2 Tbsp - ¼ cup water as needed
- Warm olive oil gently over low heat, 1-2 minutes (you can skip this step if it's hot in your kitchen).
- Transfer oil to a blender (or food processor), and add all ingredients. Process until smooth, adding water to thin as needed. Sauce should be very bright and flavorful!