Author: Abby Fammartino
Recipe type: Dessert
Yields: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- ½-3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- ⅔ cup palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1-1/2 cup finely ground almonds, or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 30 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Add eggs and almond extract to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and most lumps are gone.
- Drop cookie mixture by the teaspoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch space between the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- Allow cookies to rest on baking sheet for a few minutes befor transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.