Yield: 6 servings
- 2 ½ lb. sweet potatoes (2 large sweet potatoes), sliced into 2 inch by ½ inch wedges
- Scant 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 cup green garlic or scallions, packed well
- 1 cup parsley or spinach, packed well
- 1/4 cup chickpea miso, heaping
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cover the sweet potatoes with water in a medium size pot, and sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt. Cover, place over high heat, and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until almost evenly ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until evenly mixed.
- Once the timer goes off, test a sweet potato. It should be fork tender, about 80-90% cooked through. Strain off the water, and place sweet potatoes back in the same pot.
- Add pesto to the pot, and turn the heat on medium high. Toss the sweet potatoes, adding a pinch of salt, until the pesto coats them nicely.
- Brown the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes this way, until glistening. Taste and serve.