A fun appetizer or side dish with easy but pretty presentation. Extra salsa can be served in lettuce wraps as well!
Grilled Cucumber Boats with Fresh Corn Salsa
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 2 large cucumbers, stripped, deseeded, ends removed
- 1½ cup jicama or fresh corn, removed from cob (about 2 large ears)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup tomatoes, small dice (2 roma tomatoes/1 beefsteak)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (plus more from brushing)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Brush olive oil on cucumbers, add salt and grill on medium high heat until nice grill marks appear on all sides (about 5 minutes).
- Once cucumber are cool to touch, cut lengthwise and then in half so you have four equal size pieces from each cucumber. Scoop out seeds to hollow out the pieces and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients for the salsa. Season to taste.
- Stuff the cucumber pieces and reserve remaining salsa for later in the week (about 1½ cup will remain for future use).
Serve room temperature or chilled for a nice appetizer or side dish!