Lemon Anise Slush
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 4-6 servings
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- /3 cup coconut sugar or agave, plus more to taste
- ¾ teaspoon anise seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk (or vodka)
- ice cubes, to fill blender
- 2 tablespoons limoncello, optional but excellent!
- Blend juice, coconut sugar, agave, and seeds in a blender until the seeds break up quite a bit, at least thirty seconds. Longer if needed.
- Add the water (or vodka, yogurt, pils), and enough ice to fill the blender. Blend until smooth. I sometimes need to add more water, to thin things out a bit and keep the blender going - do so a bit at a time. Depending on your blender, you might also need to stop on occasion to scrape the sides of the blender to get an even slush. Adjust for sweetness and lemon juice as you go. Serve immediately.
Thank to Heidi!