Lemongrass Miso Tonic
Here is what you need to feel sane. Make this soup to bring your body back into balance, especially after any holiday indulging, or when cashing in on your 30%. Your body will thank you, and you will be getting back on track to vibrant health and feeling great!
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 2-inch pieces kelp
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced and smashed lightly
- 2 stalks lemongrass (use lower ⅓, smash to release flavor)
- 2 tbsp seaweed of choice, soaked 5 min. (optional addition)
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 4 stalks kale, chopped thinly
- 3 tbsp chickpea miso, stirring in a small amount of hot water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (juice of 1 small lemon)
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat stock with kelp, ginger, lemongrass and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Strain out kelp, ginger and lemongrass, if desired. Add in seaweed, onion, and kale, simmering 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and stir in miso, lemon juice, and taste. Add salt or more lemon as desired.
- Breathe in, relax, and enjoy.