Mint Pesto Sauce
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 1 Cup
- ½ cup almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 21/2 cup mint, packed
- ½ cup arugula, spinach or kale
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or 1T white miso)
- ½ clove minced garlic
- ½ inch minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adding only half of the olive oil firs and adding more as needed to create a smooth sauce.
- Serving suggestions: Serve with Mediterranean fish dishes, on grilled meats or veggies. You can thin this sauce with almond milk in a pan to make a pasta sauce with gluten free pasta. Be sure to add more salt as needed to make this sauce bold enough for noodles.