Adapted from Maria Mind Body Health.
Pumpkin Coconut Flan
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg, clove)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or stevia
- 1½ cup coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Boil water in a tea kettle and set aside. Grease a large muffin tin or cake pan generously with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and sweetener and mix gently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well but not frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan (or large muffin tin).
- Place the flan filled pan into the roasting pan (water bath (bain-marie).
- Put the two pans into the preheated oven, and add boiling water an inch or two up the sides of the custard pan. (Bain-marie distributes the heat evenly.)
- Cook the pumpkin flan for 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Check for doneness by inserting a sharp thin knife into the center of the flan. If it comes out clean it is done.
If desired, top with grade b maple syrup.