Raw Oatmeal Cookie Dough Balls
Author: Abby Fammartino
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free)
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. sea salt
- ½ cup raw honey (plus more, to taste)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raisins or dried currants or cranberries
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a lightly coarse meal.
- Add the raw honey, melted coconut oil and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the dried fruit and pulse or stir just to combine. Chill the batter for 15 minutes before rolling. Be sure that the batter holds together easily by gently squeezing it into small balls. If it’s too dry, add some more coconut oil and/or honey to help it bind.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1 tbsp each (wet your hands if the dough is too sticky) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer or refrigerator.