This meal comes together in a snap. It’s one of the recipes I make on the fly with what’s on hand, as a way to enjoy a protein rich, light lunch that’s low on sodium but big on flavor.
Sea Bean and Basil Salad Wraps
Author: Abby Fammartino
- Yield: 2 servings
- 8 large leaves red or green leaf lettuce (1 small or ½ large head)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 duck or chicken eggs
- ¾ cup sea beans
- 1 large handful basil leaves, torn coarsely
- ¼ cup sauerkraut or probiotic fermented veggies
- pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Crack in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the pan to scramble, about 2-3 minutes until white and fluffy.
- Toss in the sea beans, basil leaves and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and sauerkraut: fill clean, whole lettuce leaves with a generous scoop of the sea bean mixture and a tad of the sauerkraut or fermented veggies. Fold the lettuce into a bundle. Enjoy in a messy, beautiful way.