Spiced Candied Pecans
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 4 Cups
- 4 cups pecans
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil 2 baking sheets (or sill pats)
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and toss until blended.
- Spread pecans on one baking sheet (reserving the second sheet to cool pecans after baking)
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slide pecans onto an oiled sheet. Cool for 10 minutes.
Suggestion: Toss in chopped candied ginger for some added zing! If you are pairing nuts with an Asian meal, you can add shredded nori.