Yield: 4 servings
Stimulating Spring Rolls
Author: Abby Fammartino
- Spring Roll
- ½ bunch mustard greens
- ½ bunch lettuce or arugula
- 1 carrot, shredded or sliced thinly
- 1 pear, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sprouts
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ bunch basil
- Cooked rice noodles (optional)
- Shiitake Mushrooms (optional)
- Rice Paper (large rounds)
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 dried thai chili, sliced (optional)
- Gather your ingredients. Clean your produce well. Destem greens and lettuce.
- Get ready to roll. Set out all your ingredients in a row. Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip the rice paper in warm water and swirl, 10 seconds.
- Place on the cutting board rough side down. Top with mustard greens, lettuce, and optional noodles and mushrooms.
- Line a bit of each remaining ingredient in the lower third of the wrap.
- Fold the side closest to you over the ingredients, then fold in both sides.
- Roll forward to complete, and lay seam side down. Repeat until all ingredients are utilized.
- For Ginger Mint Sauce Combine mint, ginger, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and thai chili together and and whisk. Serve with salad rolls.