Stir Fry Ginger Shrimp or Rockfish with Mustard Greens
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 4 servings
- 1⅓ lb shrimp, shelled and deveined, rinsed, or ⅓ lb. rockfish, cut into 1- 1½ " chunks
- 2 t. ginger, minced
- 1½ t. garlic, minced
- 2 t. fish sauce or umeboshi vinegar
- 2 t. agave nectar
- ⅓ T. coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup shredded ginger
- ½ cup. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 2 T. soy-free tamari
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 cups mustard greens, chiffonade
- ½ t. salt, to taste
- Marinate the shrimp with minced ginger, minced garlic, fish sauce and agave, tossing to coat evenly. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok until very hot; add ginger and a pinch of salt, shaking pan to cook ginger evenly. Brown well and remove from pan. Add fish to the pan and do not touch for 1 minute. Shake the pan and flip fish carefully (NO TONGS!) to cook evenly, adding tamari and lime juice. Cook 2 minutes more or until just done. Remove from pan and cool over the top of chiffonade mustard greens.
- Stir in cilantro and mint to fish carefully, and add fried ginger as garnish to the salad. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- Serve over mound of fresh greens for height.
Copyright Chef Abby Fammartino, 2009.