A favorite Italian inspired entree for entertaining! Easy, gluten free and dairy free, do ahead recipe.
Wild Sole Roulades with Arugula
Author: Abby Fammartino
Yields: 6 Servings
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2½ lb. Wild dover sole
- 6 cups arugula, uncooked
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt + ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or low broil).
- Clean fish and pat dry. Lay out fish in a row on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and when hot add leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until slightly browned, 2 minutes. Add arugula and toss leaves until coated and slightly wilted. Drizzle arugula with half the lemon juice and set aside.
- Assemble rolls: sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over each filet. Cut the larger filets in half lengthwise so the pieces are uniform.
- Fill each filet with 1-2 Tbsp. filling until all the filling has been distributed. Roll up each filet and place seam side down on a lightly greased or lined baking sheet.
- Spread a small amount of mustard on top of each filet. Broil until fish flakes and is moist, only 5-7 minutes. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and serve hot.